NORTH HURON RECREATION - TERMS & CONDITIONS
Programs (Swimming Lessons, Specialty Fitness Classes, Rec & Leisure Programs, etc)
Participants must be the correct age prior to the first class of the program.
Please add your name to the wait list. A class may be added or a space may become available.
Make Up Courses/Lessons
Registered program sessions may need to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances or lack of registration. Every attempt will be made to reschedule. Make up sessions will not be provided for classes missed by participants.
Refunds & Credits
Refunds will be granted & calculated for programs as below:
Program Cancelled By Rec Dept – Full refund
Program Cancelled Prior to program start date, by participant
Full refund, minus $15 administration fee
Program Cancelled During program, by participant
Refund of registration fee, pro-rated, minus $15 administration fee
- Children 10 & under, not directly supervised by a parent/guardian (aged 14+), are subject to a height requirement (48”) &/or swim test;
- Children under 7 must be accompanied by a person 14 year+ in the pool and must remain in arms reach at all times.
- All users must be in proper aquatic attire. This includes swim suits, bathing trunks, and waterproof pool pants (as required). Little Swimmers pool pants are sold at the pool.
- The fitness facility is not intended for use by persons under the age of 14. Those 13 and under must be directly supervised by a parent. All members under 18 yrs of age must complete an informed consent form.
- Infants confined to a car seat are permitted;
- All users must be in proper athletic attire (shirts & pants) in the fitness or squash areas. This includes clean, dry, closed toed, athletic shoe.
Change Room Use
All members & patrons are welcome to use change room areas. Lockers are available at no cost for day use & require a personal lock. It is strongly encouraged to secure all belongings. North Huron will not be responsible for any personal belongings, keys, etc.
Please remove outdoor shoes; leave them in hallway or store in locker.
Family/accessible change rooms are intended for adults & their children of the opposite gender under the age of 7 &/or users requiring accessibility equipment.
All payments returned by a financial institution will be subject to a $25 NSF charge. The return of pre-authorized payments will result in cancellation of membership if not paid by next payment withdrawal. Unpaid membership, cancellation fee & bank fees will remain on your account.
The North Huron Recreation Department accepts: Cash, cheque, debit, Visa & MasterCard. Certain memberships can also be paid monthly by pre-authorized payments.
Please make cheques payable to Township of North Huron.
All courses, day passes, memberships, etc MUST be paid at time of registration.
Snow Policy & Closures
NHWCC strives to stay open in all weather; however, that is not always possible. Listen to local radio for up to date information.
If the pool closes due to fouling, facility repair or maintenance, or inclement weather, members may use the Fitness Centre @ no cost. Regular admittance policy requirements apply.
Cancellation Policy & Hold & Extension Policies
- Only year memberships may be cancelled or put on hold;
- Request to cancel or hold membership must be submitted in writing – by email, fax, or in person.
Pre-authorized payment plan memberships must provide advanced written notice of their intent to cancel or hold;
- Cancellations & holds will not be granted retroactively. No special consideration will be made based on lack of usage of memberships or finicial situation.
- A stop payment through a financial institution is not sufficient to terminate membership fees.
- Pre-authorized Memberships are only cancelled at month end; Pre-paid memberships will be issued a refund; refunds take 3 to 6 weeks to process.
- During the first 12 months of membership
- After 12 months of consecutive membership use
- Administrative Fee: $0.00
- Should you rejoin after canceling, the 12 month period will be re-started.
- Administrative Fee:
- Pre-authorized memberships-$15.00
- Pre-paid memberships-FREE
- Members may request a hold once per year
- May be for a period of 1 to 5 months
- Must be in whole month increments & begin on the first day of the month;
Cancellation & Hold Policy – Medical
- Cancellation & hold forms must be accompanied by a doctor’s note;
- Administrative Fee: $0.00;
- All other conditions above will apply.
Family memberships are for families (include parents/guardians & their dependent children - including full-time students under age 25). Spousal membership is for married or cohabitating partners. In all cases, members must share a residence.
Medical Concerns & Health Screening
All members must pass the North Huron health screening process. Members must fill out the PAR-Q form with each new membership purchase & with any change in health status.
The NHWCC uses the PAR-Q, PAR-Med-X & PAR-Med-X for Pregnancy forms from CSEP as well as the North Huron Medical Restriction Form as health screening tools.
It is recommended that before participating in any exercise routine, you should discuss your plans with your doctor or health care provider.
Clients may change membership type at any time with no administrative fee.
Pre-Authorized Payment Program
Memberships by the month must be set up as a perpetual membership by signing up in the pre-authorized payment program. This membership is paid on the first day of each month.
Once in the program, clients must inform the Recreation Department of any changes in banking information or of their desire to cancel, 30 days or more prior to the next payment. See cancellation policy above.
Clients will be notified prior to any increase in fees.
Member Access Policy
Members and Day Pass users will have their finger scanned for access to the facilities where there is restricted access.
Only members can use the Fitness Centre & Squash Courts at times when the Fitness Centre is open but the Recreation Office is closed.
Squash Cancellation Policy
Four hour notice must be given for cancellations to avoid charge for playing time. No shows will be charged, regardless of membership status. Continuous 'no shows' may lose priviledge of advance booking.